My Favorite Software Tools
Emacs editor. My
init.elfile is on github.
- Ubuntu linux
- i3 window manager
- python, numpy, scipy
- orgmode for keeping notes,
- Org babel for literate programming.
- pythontex to include python code in \(\LaTeX\), although I am using org babel more and more for this.
- arara to control the compilation process of \(\LaTeX\) files
- blacken-docs formats python code in python scripts, but also in, for instance, \(\LaTeX\) files.
- I tended to use ipynb-py-convert to convert between
.ipynb(jupiter notebook) files. This is practical when you don't like to use the notebook editor. In my case, I write a python file in emacs. Then, with adding the minor formatting string
# %%to delineate the cells, this tool converts the python file to a jupyter notebook file. However, I am moving to orgmode, so I will not use this tool much longer, if at all.